View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
I can tell you from first hand experience in the last 2 months they have met multiple times. Whether it is there regularly scheduled meetings and additional meeting in regards to opening JMEC and anniversary celebration they have been there.

I am sure they discussed a variety of items. Doesn't really matter as the timetable is 2021 for completion, which came from the sustainability meeting.
I think maybe we're talking about two different things. Penn's full Board of Trustees consists of more than 50 people, and they meet formally only three times a year. And it's at those formal meetings, at which minutes are taken and subsequently published, that big decisions are formally voted on and made. Now of course, with an institution the size and complexity of Penn, there is a lot of informal meeting and communication that occurs among various trustees throughout the year, but it's generally only at the full formal meetings 3 times a year that big decisions are officially made. So it's at those formal meetings, for example, that the full Board of Trustees will give final approval to the plans for this project and its total budget (after a lot of informal work and communication by the relevant trustees committee(s) overseeing the project). And even at meetings prior to the one at which they vote on final approval, they'll be given progress reports and vote on approval of preliminary funds for, e.g., architecture and planning.

If you're interested (and I'd certainly understand if you aren't ), here's an example of what I'm talking about, including capital project expenditure approvals beginning on page 7:

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/primdo...20150227tr.pdf

And here are the actual resolutions from that meeting, which provide a lot more detail about what they approved:

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/primdo...0150227res.pdf

Reading this kind of stuff is one of my pastimes.