View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
I see a negative comment by Starsky for just about every building out there. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with it.
I think there are a ton of good buildings going up in Hong Kong, China, the Trump Tower is fantastic. The only buildings that usually get negative reviews are the Gehry/Lebiskind style, which usually consists of a rainbow of colors, built with an asymmetrical tilt or bumps and gouges.

I just posted thoughts on 3 or 4 buildings which I thought were the worst at the same time, which gives the impression of me not liking any of them. The fact is, some people like it, some people don't. Maybe it will take a Frank Gehry project in your city, like mine, to make you realize how completely discombobulated they are. Skidmore Owings and Merrill usually come up with fantastic designs, however Libeskind proposals *to me* look like disgustingly bad architecture. Imagine what could have happened for the WTC, *this* would be the most prominent view in NYC if Libeskind had his way

Libeskind and his modern art masterpiece vs an SOM design of the Freedom Tower. You choose which you like more, not me.

Last edited by Starsky; Jul 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM.