View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 11:37 PM

Gonna try and make it around the City and get some pics of different projects and figured I'd start with what I know that's going on downtown.

The City is laid out along the river valley and extends up the South hillside towards TRU. There's 3 distinct areas that seem to see the most activity.

I'll try and cover them all but just going to start with downtown.

1. New Lottery Corporations head office. This is in the design stages, so no rendering yet. Currently prep work is taking place and will coincide with the largest capital project to date in Kamloops which is West Victoria Street upgrades. They'll run from the new BCLC office to the Overlanders Bridge.

2. Parkade Art project
This will be the largest piece of art in Kamloops. Will cover 3 sides of a 6 story parkade. Product has never been used in North America. I was talking to the guys installing it the other day and it's a bunch of individual pucks that make up the picture. The pucks used for the water will spin in the wind. Should give it a cool effect when it's done.

3. Royal Residence
Mixed-use apartment.

4. Apartment
Don't know the name, but I like the look. Currently working on the parkade.

5. RIH Patient Care Tower
Breaks ground this spring.

6. Apartments
This will be over multiple city blocks and close to 500 units.

7. ???
Don't know what this is, but it was a pretty big hole.

8. TNRD Building
New art gallery entrance

9. Office Building
The hotel attached to the new office building is currently being re-branded as a Delta. KPMG took over the entire ground floor.

11. Apartments

Pretty stoked to be living here now, so I'll try and keep this up to date.