View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 11:33 PM
THAT Guy

Round 2:

Quote:
Alderman Reilly invites you to join him and the New Eastside Association of Residents (NEAR) at an informational presentation regarding revisions and updates to the development proposal at Lakeshore East for Parcels I, J, K, and L, located at 197-301 North Harbor Drive and 452-500 East Waterside Drive.

WHAT: Revised development proposal at Lakeshore East:
Parcels I, J, K, and L

WHO: Hosted by Alderman Brendan Reilly and the
Near Eastside Association of Residents (NEAR)

WHEN: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.

WHERE: Radisson Blu Hotel - Atlantic Ballroom
221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601

Representatives of both the Lendlease Development Inc. development team and the Lakeshore East LLC development team will present their updated and revised plans and answer any questions you may have about this proposal. Alderman Reilly will be present at this meeting to monitor the discussion and record your feedback.

The Applicant is proposing revisions to the development proposal at Lakeshore East: Parcels I, J, K, and L located at 197-301 N. Harbor Dr. and 452-500 E. Waterside Dr. to include three (3) buildings containing a total of up to 1,700 residential dwelling units and 30,000 square feet of retail.

In July 2017, the Applicant presented their development proposal to the neighborhood at a public community meeting with Alderman Reilly.

After the community presentation to the neighborhood, Alderman Reilly directed the development team to hold meetings with each residential building in the New Eastside to ensure every resident was afforded the opportunity to review the project and express their concerns.

This resulted in over a dozen subsequent meetings, which Alderman Reilly's staff attended to monitor and take detailed notes.

After reviewing substantial neighborhood feedback and cataloguing his own concerns regarding this initial proposal, Alderman Reilly announced his rejection of the project in December 2017. Since then, the Applicant has incorporated community feedback to improve their plans and they are now prepared to share their new design with the community for further input.
Looks to be the same # of units.