View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 11:41 PM
New Brunswick Urbanite

Great thread idea! I sunk countless hours into SimCity 4 in high school. And great builds, Kool, Marty and TownGuy!

Lately I've been doing quite a bit with Cities: Skylines, although the first time I tried it several years ago, it didn't really hook me. It was only a couple years ago that my interest in the game was piqued again by a few helpful youtubers, and I gave it another shot.

I started out playing vanilla, and had fun with that, but eventually I began to bring in mods and custom assets that fundamentally changed the way I played - from mostly simulation-based to more of a creative canvas. These days I run 60-ish mods and several thousand custom assets.

Here's a recent project of mine, a "Tropical Canadian" city with some suburban areas and part of the downtown completed:

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford