View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 10:51 PM

Thanks Vert X! The university building was fun. I'm glad there's still someone else out there that appreciates brutalist structures I hope you appreciate the other picture I have of it down below.

Thanks Flamesrule! I have another update today as well.

Monaca general hospital is located up on the hill beyond the highway. Here's its oldest building (built 1898):

The building located behind it is the tower, which was built in 1925. It's still an integral part of the hospital complex, although not the center of attention anymore.

Moving on the east side of the town, north of the baseball field area, is the "east college" campus. Much more to come around here and it will have more of a suburban feel with more green space than the "downtown" campus. The buildings are not completed (obviously) but I wanted to show you the promenade.

Vert X's favorite brutalist structure, the university building:

Here's another view of the university building with the library in front of it. The library has an awesome "large" feel to it. It's mostly completed, just small ornamentation to add.

An addition to the downtown liveliness in the market square is the rotunda. It's connected to a building and serves as open space and an ornate entrance.

Last but certainly not least, is the birds-eye view of the rotunda showing the fountain in market square as well as the fountain down by the river.