View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2009, 7:20 PM
NYC Rick

Research universities take much more that even "from 1995" lead you to believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I would agree with this if it were still 1995...
but boise state actually has quite a bit of research going on at it's university.. and could hold its own with making the grade...
Boise state is blowing up with new academic programs and facilities for them... I think boise state's breast cancer research could hold a candle to wsu's soy bean agriculture research... I dunno..lol

As for the MWC... the only team that has beat bsu recently is TCU.. and surprisingly that is the only other team that holds a chance at a bcs bid from the mwc...It wasn't too long ago in 2006 when bsu handed utah its ass on a platter at their own home...
Research universities take time to evolve a real credibility. Utah has accolades and awards for many years well before the 90's...80's.

The investment made into Utah is pretty staggering and you will not go to any appraisal of research universities where Utah is not in the very upper part.

I agree that BSU has a fine football program and I have long championed you for the MWC. I am personally not the biggest MWC fan but it always has at least 4 teams that kick a**...rarely more. In truth, I would like to see BSU and Fresno State for sure.

Uhhhh... we have not been in 2006 for 3 years. Utah went through a growing
period that resulted in the Sugar Bowl beat down with Alabama.

Utah is in much the same situation as 2006. Many new faces including the QB.
I like your QB. Tough and talented. I am pretty much always impressed by you guys. Utah, as far as athletic programs go, has many serious teams in various sports.