View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdeaded209 View Post
man, development has really killed the High Line! who wants to walk through a claustrophobia-inducing canyon of overpriced, poorly designed (largely empty) condos--for that matter who on earth wants to live tourist-eyeball-level on that stretch anyway?

it was for a very brief time a pleasant elevated park, now it is just a consumerist feeder tube into the glass shithole of HY
You do realize that was the whole point, right? In exchange for saving the High Line, the development rights were transferred to the adjacent lots, and those lots were intentionally zoned to create a canyon along the right-of way.

And, um, "who wants to walk there"? The problem with the High Line is it's too damn popular. You can't move.

Not sure why you think the residences are "poorly designed", as they're almost all extreme high end and probably the largest concentration of starchitecture on the planet. They also aren't "largely empty" and sell at crazy prices, indicating plenty of people desire such residences.

I'd live there in a second, but I can't afford it. And I'm pretty close to the 1%. Arguably the best K-12 private school in Manhattan is right there.