View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 2:05 PM
BANNED

Cool! I like the revised plan for the GAF site. The surface parking lot along the bayfront parkway raises an eyebrow -- why not just add another office building (or parking structure) to the design, even if it would only be for future expansion? The surface lot for the market is reasonable and I can see that the surface lot between the convention center and the residential block would be for future expansion of either/both.

Overall though, I think they got the density right, and far better than that original plan that the Pittsburgh firm came up with -- that looked like a D-grade high school project.

If this, plus the Scott development to the east ever get going... wow, Erie's bayfront is going to be really nice. I won't hold my breath for all of this, but it's good to see the progress there already and I'm glad a very respectable and talented local firm is doing the design.

And that new hotel is going to be nice with the glass atrium and infinity pool right on the bay -- that's pretty high class for Erie!