View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2010, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post

I guess two questions I have for whoever attended the meeting is will most of the lots be covered by a base for the taller buildings? and if I'm not mistaken these lots are at a bottom of a steep hill so how much of the taller building would be hidden from the local streets/waterfront?
It looked like the nine story building would cover most of the lot on Ochterloney (not such a great thing, if true), the 23 story building would have a base that would cover the entire lot of the old bowling alley, with maybe shops on the main floor facing the canal grreenway. The builing looked fairly wide east-to-west. The laundromat/parking lot (14 story building looked to fill the entire lot. Some one mentioned mentioned that the top of the tall builing was the same height as the top of brightwood. The main floor of the tall bulding is probably the same level as the surface at the kings wharf lands, and some ppalces would have a good view of it; if it doesn't get reduced in height. My main cocern was the crowding on Greenvale; a bit tight and looming. JET