View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2010, 12:34 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
I have a hard time imagining a 23 storey building in Dartmouth. There are no comparable heights on that side of the harbour to get a scale for the project.

That being said if it is of high quality and has setbacks then the buildings might look great in the background of Dartmouth's ever expanding skyline.

I guess two questions I have for whoever attended the meeting is will most of the lots be covered by a base for the taller buildings? and if I'm not mistaken these lots are at a bottom of a steep hill so how much of the taller building would be hidden from the local streets/waterfront?
There is Queen Square which is a 18 story office building. Since office buildings have higher storey heights (usually about 13-15 feet per story for an office building versus about 10 feet per storey for an apartment building) this would be equivalent to about a 24 storey apartment building.

I just hope that new developments in Dartmouth will be built a bit more aesthetically pleasing than the Queen Square.

Last edited by fenwick16; Apr 24, 2010 at 2:25 PM.