View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 7:34 PM

I mentioned it in the Development thread but I figured I'd toss it in here too:

I think the Bulliten building would be a great place for Carpenter Technology to locate its corporate HQ, as we recently heard it was looking to move from Reading to Philly. It seems like a good fit for the Drexel/corporate partnership thing they're going for since Carpenter could recruit business and engineering students from Drexel.

To further preach to the choir, I just love the potential of Philly and University City in particular. Having a strong innovation/knowledge economy really is a great way of sticking to the city's heritage as a center of culture and learning. If this gets built I have to imagine University City becomes the unrivaled second-best (after Cambridge of course) innovation district in the U.S. I can easily see Philly (re)emerging as the globally elite city it was always meant to be. The social and physical infrastructure of Center City is certainly on-par (and perhaps even better in certain areas) with that of NYC, Boston, Chicago, DC, San Fran, and LA - the only U.S. cities I would call "globally elite."

I'm also really excited about the Apple rumor. That'd be a HUGE boost in attracting other companies - who doesn't want to be close to one of the biggest companies in the world? I'll admit I had been fantasizing over the thought of "Google East" before the plan was even released, but I'll settle for Apple. Does anyone else like the sound of "Silicon Alley?"