View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Obviously this is a huge improvement over the first rendering. I like the contrast of style for the tower vs the rest of the neighborhood, but the base could be improved.

Ideally I'd love this if they kept the facades of the originals and, if I wanted to be picky, make sure the glass isn't the same tint as basically every other glass tower in the city and, of course, make it 100+ ft taller.

Overall tho, this isn't terrible.
I agree, only b/c the other rendering was so awful. However, this is still a very generic building that uses a grossly overused formula for this city: boxy glass tower setback atop a 4 story brick base to "blend in" with the neighborhood and make it appear as if there is no high rise.

I should add that the base is actually decent. It's brick but designed in a modern way, so it blends in without pretending to be something it's not. Toll should have matched the tower to the base or just gone all glass. The intentional mismatching towers and bases in this city has to stop already. We're a changing, 21st century city and it's time we embraced it and stop pretending that we're in William Penn's green whatever the fuck village.

But raise your hand if you thought that Tolls Bros. was going to do something interesting.

Last edited by McBane; Jan 24, 2018 at 3:50 PM.