View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2009, 9:03 PM

Cottonwood Corporate Center

I know I'm asking for a barrage of responses with this comment, but am I the only one who HATES the architecture of the 3 low-rise buildings of Cottonwood Corporate Center? Now they are going to mimic that architecture in a 12-story bldg? Have they no shame? The only thing those 3 low-rise's had going for them was that they weren't tall enough to be seen from very far away.

Have you ever been inside of those buildings? They are awful. The space is apportioned, because of the goofy architecture, like a train wreck, at least in Bldg.'s one and two. Never been in three. Rooms are odd-sized and moving within the buildings is like finding your way around in a maze.

Visually, for me at least, the architecture doesn't work. Looks like half a watermelon slice, rotating on a banana. About the only building I've ever seen in the SLC area worse than these three is that post-modernist atrocity in the middle of Holladay...you know, the turquoise and black building with the bronze deer in the front. YUK!!! I wonder if the same architectural firm is behind all four buildings?