Thread: Block 23
View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
The rendering is of a ~20 story residential.

I found a massing diagram of a taller office section and I would guess thats the best we can hope for.

As you can see from the diagram, the building is only about 15 stories but it has high ceilings. In the original (and from what we know probable) massing the building is only 4 floors but its as tall as the 9 story office building across the street because of its 15 foot ceilings. In this massing above its more like 15 stories with the equivalent height of a ~25 story office building for the same reason.

Im hoping, with the continued downtown demand and shrinking office vacancy, Red takes the risk of developing a larger office building. Considering they finished citiscape in 2009 during the depression, they might see the stronger economic forecast and take a risk on this.
Downtown Class A vacancy is still high but your point about taking a risk is a good one because the kind of office they are planning to develop on Block 23 is more creative space rather than traditional office space located downtown. I suspect they'll land some pretty top tier tenants for hip factor alone.