View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 1:32 AM

The branding is BS. It is also confusing to people from away.

Any international examples of this nonsense ?

I have a sibling in Troon, Scotland which is now in the municipality of East Ayrshire. From 1972 to 1996 it was part of the monstrous municipal unit known as Strathclyde. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strathclyde

" The area was on the west coast of Scotland and stretched from the Highlands in the north to the Southern Uplands in the south. As a local government region, its population, in excess of 2.5 million, was the largest of the regions. The Region was responsible for education (from nursery to colleges); social work; police; fire; sewage; strategic planning; roads; transport - and, therefore, employed almost 100,000 public servants (almost half were teachers, lecturers and others in the education service). "

In 1996 it was dissolved and replaced by 12 municipal entities.

I never saw branding in the area to the extent of the nonsense we now see in HRM.
The garbage trucks in HRM now have a small branding informing me " Contracted to H^LIF^X "

The H^LIF^X branding is an expression of petty minds, wrapped in the notion that we will all feel better and project a more positive image to those we seek approval from.
If we want to show others just how smart we are we would have a Mayor and council who don't begrudge and complain about spending money on P-12 education.
When we can boast of world class public schools and world class students graduating from such schools we really will have a branding that doesn't rely on signs.