View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 1:49 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh M View Post
We could set up a site similar to http://www.citadelhightheatre.com/
This actually looks like a good start but make it a bit more flashy (example does someone know how to do a 3D animation of a fly pass of a (proposed) stadium located near the Halifax Forum site. Make it lit up at night and with a full house and a CFL game going on (I don't know how to do this). Something like the Trillium website video.

I don't know how to organize the donations. I would like to make a contribution but people will be very hesitant to donate if they are not sure about the security of their donation. I think it would be best to forget the donations for now until a secure Trust Fund is set up. It would have to be a recognized Trust fund that people will believe in. That is why I think that it would be best to start with a website, and then approach someone who is trusted in the provincial or municipal government to set up a trust fund. It would also be great if a large company like Sobeys would pledge to match any donations. It would also greatly help the cause if the donations were tax deductible (how about contacting Peter McKay, who might be able to set up the tax deductible status of donations).