View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 12:24 PM

I would like to see a beautiful hotel to replace the Plaza. I imagine that there could be some kind of accommodation for those traveling from out of town who would like to stay close to Temple Square. Perhaps something along the line of the Temple Square Inn. Though keep in mind that the LDS Church would not be interested in a hotel as a commercial venture. They pretty much loathe being vested in the hotel business these days. Whatever the mixed-use of the blocks, I hope it will be of the same scope in size as CCC or even their recent development in Philadelphia. I assume the quality will be superb as all their developments are. Let's hope this movement is a sign of an upcoming major project for those blocks. The time couldn't be more fortuitous or needed on so many fronts than now, to place a major type of residential/educational concern downtown. Developing those monster parking lots is everyone's priority.

Actually, I keep wondering why they couldn't build a beautiful residential tower also. Not for sale but units for rent. I mean look at the Alexandria in Philadelphia. It could always go condo later on in a more advantageous market. Given the acute need for all types of residential rental including upscale, it would seem a given for some type of high-quality residential tower in the mix on those huge blocks. Towers could be accommodated on the North Temple side without blocking the Temple site line if indeed that is a concern. Does anyone actually know for certain if that whole site line rumor is nothing more than a myth? Kind of like the COB must always be the tallest structure downtown.

Last edited by delts145; Mar 27, 2020 at 12:53 PM.