View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
The blue windows on the giant Twix bar was mentioned back when the City Center project was announced.
I've never really noticed that until you mentioned it. Thanks for the laugh Sawtooth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
I really like the stream effect with the lighting. Hopefully if it is done, the materials will hold hope to pedestrian wear and tear.
I really hope that they follow through with adding that sculpture. It'll add to the Grove's atmosphere, and it'll be interesting to walk along it at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
Spokane is way ahead of us with expansion of their convention center, and almost completed prefab 15 story 716 room Grand Hotel Spokane a Marriott hotel, and 900 car parking garage. They just installed the frame work for the skybridge connecting the two.
It made me kind of jealous back in 2012 when I heard that Spokane was expanding on it's convention center, while Boise was still struggling to find a location. There could be some hope left for something similar in Boise since we saw that conceptual rendering of the Sky-walk that Boise Airport found. Like he said, that may be an indication that they want to build up. A 400-500 room hotel with a glass facade would be almost perfect directly above the Convention center.