View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 6:57 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
I would never ever kayak in Newtown Creek let alone the Hudson. Would you? That water is gross.
There are plenty of people who do and would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitledreality View Post
The area should be developed and should allow for more people to enjoy the community, but how can you blend this new development into the existing neighborhood identity without just saying "fuck it, slap up a series of generic towers and lets call it a day" ...thats what needs to be addressed.
There is way too much we don't know about this development, which is more than just highrises. If you say the highrises will destroy the "character" of the neighborhood as you see it, that may very well be true. However, knowing the City the way I do, where things can be different on a block by block basis, I don't see that this waterfront development would change the local to the point where the streets won't be recognizable. Brooklyn as a whole is already highly desirable, and as such there will always be the possibility of new development bringing in new people. Such is life in an ever growing, changing, and evolving city.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.