View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2010, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyeas View Post
Jeesus the comments on that article are pissing me off.
Mind boggling the # of people who think that people living downtown is apparently a bad thing. Not to mention the apparent hatred by some of developers making money... quite sure those same people don't work for zero profit either. Jackasses.
I'm troubled by this, people. It's my understanding that the art deco building on Sackville Street was originally a car dealership of some sort. (1930's-40's era) This history which I knew little about was recently broadcast, on the CBC nonetheless, during one of their anniversary shows. But when I google to verify the history of the site, there is nary a breath about it.

Is it not true? Admittedly, CBC radio has a track record of airing comically false news-articles, maybe I fell victim. Or is it a case of the CBC and heritage lefties not interested in highlighting anything that may detract from their case that this building is some sort of "landmark" that should not be meddled with in any way? I'm just waiting for Phil Pacey to suggest it be converted into the "Canadian Broadcast Museum".