Thread: UAB Discussion
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But do they really want to play football? UA doesnt seem to want them too and blocks them from having a stadium. Playing at Legion Field doesnt seem to inspire the team or the fans especially when a high school might draw more fans. Maybe they should just pack it up and focus on basketball?

I did like that "our city our team" commercial they ran though...
That is a good question. Look at the University of Central Florida and the University of South Florida they are thriving in such a very short time. They must of had a large amount of start up cash and a lot of support all around. UCF started building a very nice stadium, I was totally blown away by that. I don't know what the game plan was when our football founding fathers started talking about football. We need lots of money and fans, some quality wins and I think we could over come any negatives from the BOT. There is a place in this big fund raising effort where Athletics can be supported, I intend to do that, hopefully it could be applied to football, I don't know how much time the football team has to get better because this new University president is a no nonsense guy and will pull the plug on football without a second thought.