View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
So, what you're saying is that those lazy, entitled young people didn't bother to show up and give support to this project to counter the cranky, old people who are resistant to change?

Just kidding...
I spoke to a few lazy entitled young people afterwards. It was the same reason a few friends of mine couldn't show up. They were too tired from working 2 or 3 jobs and can't spare the time. They're thinking was that the elected officials would be able to do their job and read reports about shadow studies, which Clouncillor Smith decided conveniently not to do.

What I can tell you with certainty is the rude comments I heard were from older people and there was no shortage of scoffs and mob mentality. You could tell older people knew they were in the majority in the room, the only respite was knowing that fact wouldn't hold true for long. You can call it agist and it is. I have a great disdain for the Boomer generation, they have been sacrificing the generations after it since day one. Nations rarely ran massive debts before they became a majority voting block in industrialized nations. So self important Boomers decided it was smart to mortgage the future for the present gains with no idea how to pay any of it back.....Feeling almost "entitled" to it?

This lazy entitled younger generation will be paying the bills so you can retire the most opulent generation in human history so that same respect you expect, try offering it. Themselves not having a good chance at the same living through constant calls for austerity to pay your debts. This world will be a better place in 20-30 years due to the disappearance of the worst decision making generation our species has produced yet. I have parents and grand parents I'm not a monster, I love them but that doesn't change the huge debts left to pay after they are gone. Some of us have to still struggle for a better tomorrow and the day after that and so on, catch my drift?