View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2016, 8:23 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
super tall, but no interaction whatsoever with the urban fabric. Another wind-swept (sun-fried?) plaza, that will one day, once the novelty wears off, could cease to draw much pedestrian traffic.

Personally I prefer when the skyscraper is right smack in the thick of it. Like the Empire State Building.

The extreme thinness of the building has me doubting about its financial merits.
Once again more of the worst urban planning from Dubai. I'm still trying to figure out how one accesses the plaza to get to the tower from the roundabout circling it. There's no entrance anywhere I can see. If you're meant to walk the mile long wind swept plaza to get to it where do you disembark? This whole thing seems like an ill thought out waste of resources and energy. I agree it won't be financially viable unless of course it is intended to be more of an observation tower a la CN Tower.

Edit: what are the levitating orbs with the crowds gathered around them? This looks more like a movie concept for X-Men Apocalypse than a legitimate building design.

Last edited by O-tacular; Apr 16, 2016 at 8:37 PM.