View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_scott View Post
This is sad, I really always thought they were going to approach this the same way they did espace. I think the comment on businesses not wanting this space is a valid one. But right now Halifax has a lot of other sites it can use for redevelopment and office space. This would be a perfect residental building, re-done on the inside. It definitely would make for a great loft building. Regardless of the aditions over the years, I think it just adds to it's character.
Indeed, all the additions and add-ons have given it a sort of layered look--you can see the history of the city's development right there in the jumbled facade.

Add some businesses did want to be there--the smaller start-ups and low-end outfits that Starfish evicted. ( have nowhere to go if there isn't some supply of Class B office space, which is basically the free market's small-business incubator. We all want to attract big companies with our big fancy officer towers, but most cities of Halifax's size do better cultivating home-grown success stories.)