View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I agree with all that too. I used to post big photo threads (in the City Photos subforum) of my overseas travels (I go to Asia once a year, and Europe twice a year, plus the odd trip to Latin America/Australia, etc.), but it would take me hours of editing. In the early days of SSP, I would get tons of comments, but these ebbed as time went on. SSP is but a shadow of what it used to be. At least half the members on SSP are here for trolling and the political shit-show threads, and seem to have little interest in the actual remit of SSP (namely, urban affairs and skyscrapers)
You're right. Also, I think part of the issue here has to be volume. When I first joined this forum, digital photography was still a pretty new thing and not many people had digital cameras. My first couple of photothreads involved me literally taking pictures with a 35 mm point and shoot camera, developing the images at Shoppers Drug Mart, and then manually scanning each resulting picture. It took quite a bit of effort.

Contrast that with now where you can whip out your phone and easily take a few dozen decent pictures on your phone while walking to work in the morning... you can upload them and post them instantly.

It's nice to see that steady stream of pictures from across Canada, but it's hard to really look closely at many of them, let alone to respond with words of appreciation/encouragement.