Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2011, 12:24 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetea93 View Post

Regarding Hollister, I can see why people dislike it. It is very loud and obnoxious with its marketing and its stores. However, I like it just for that reason; it is very different from other stores. Most stores are the typical walk in a open space with quiet music and racks and tables of clothes, Hollister definitely isn't like that. They spend A LOT of time and money on decorations and other things that create an overall appeal to young customers aged 15-25ish that they focus their marketing on. The vast majority of people that dislike Hollister are outside of the store's target age group because of their store's set-up and young feel to it. I'll probably hate the store too once I am outside of their demographic
Well, the issue I have with Hollister is I actually do surf from time to time and they are cashing in on that community... without being authentic. They even harass people in the actual Hollister California for using the name.

Its basically A&F clothing... I wouldn't be caught dead in that stuff. Ralph Lauren is far better.

Lacoste has deep roots in the tennis community (Rene) and still is worn by athletes and a sponsor for tennis.