View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
~Hook'em~

Here is my horribly done one of Austin. =)

Sorry about how bad it is. I did it in MS Paint and I'm not very good at it. Here is what I put on there.. Areas that are nothing that should be something pretty much. I left off 3 or 4 garages that are over 6 levels tall and have other stuff on them that I think are good for downtowns. It does allow people who drive to come to downtown with is better than them always stay out in the burbs due to not being able to park. Also in the hills that is the west side of downtown, Austin has a crapload of little tiny homes than have been turned into Law Firms, offices for Congressmen/Lobbyist, or little software or tech type companies with like 10 or so people working there. Those little homes turned offices have like 3-4 parking spots. I didn't bother marking anything with less than 5 parking spots but if someone would like me to it would be very easy and I would be happy to do so.

My basic rules was if it was a useless lot I marked it. If it is just one small straight line or a tiny box those are usually parking lots with like 5-15 spaces. If it had more than 15 spots I marked it boxes. The couple exceptions to the last rule was the super tall big ass garages that I think are good. Although there is one big ass like 10 story garage up by UT that I marked just because it takes the whole damn block and is just ugly and annoying to me. Oh, and I did screw up and mark one parking lot on the east side of the creek. It is right between the creek and I-35 on the south end of the Frank Erwin Center. I didn't mean to mark it and don't know how to undo it. I didn't mark the ones way down south on that side of the creek as they are all flood zones and can't be developed anyhow. That is going to change with the new flood tunnels that should be finished in a couple years.

Sorry it is so bad. I'll try to make my London one a bit better.

Last edited by BevoLJ; Jun 7, 2011 at 12:18 AM.