View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 4:31 AM
Fourth and Main

Plant 64 Lofts
These 242 units are leasing right now! Call (336) 793-2282 if you're interested! As you may know, it's not uncommon for an apartment building to be 85+% leased in downtown Winston-Salem on the first day! These are the very popular factory lofts, so if you want a unit in this building, call them today! Don't wait! Some residential tenants can move-in as early as July! I think that is for the smaller building in the middle? It looks as if it's completed? The taller buildings, in this multi-building complex, look as if they are still a few months from completion. These apartments are directly behind the rails-to-trails bicycle super highway project for bicycle commuters, walkers, and future light rail riders and they are also very close to 525@Vine. The first photograph below was taken at 525@Vine from the rails-to-trails project.

This photograph was taken from a future "elevated" bicycle, pedestrian, and light rail corridor, so these buildings are actually 2 floors taller!

Credit: Camel City Dispatch

I'm really excited about the elevated bicycle/pedestrian/future light rail project. According to City Hall, it should be under construction right now? I see (image above) it's cleared and there is some type of red fencing at the site?

Credit: DWSP

It appears as if Plant 64's power plant will be painted yellow! I like it!

Plant 64 Lofts' Power Plant!

Does anyone know what this power plant will become? Is it amenity space for the apartments, like a basketball court? Is it a common area? Could it be additional apartments, with extremely high ceilings? I see streetside parking along Power Plant Circle, so maybe it's retail? I think it's awesome that downtown Winston-Salem has at least three or four old power plants.

Inside Plant 64's Power Plant!

Inside Plant 64's Power Plant!

Plant 64's 10,000 Square Feet of Retail Space! (Built in 1916)

M. C. Benton Convention Center:
It appears as if the convention center is close to being renovated and expanded in one of the biggest projects in the convention center's 45 year history. We should know more by the end of this month.

Winston-Salem Attracting More Highly Educated People:
The Atlantic is reporting Winston-Salem is among the cities gaining the highly educated & highly skilled but losing their less-educated workforce. Winston-Salem is making big gains in the number of people with a graduate degree moving here. Nearly half of the people moving to the Winston-Salem metro area had a graduate degree (the highest percentage of the state's six largest cities). I think much of this is due to the city being a healthcare, finance, research, technology, and aerospace center. Young educated people and tech companies falling in love with older cities also helps! Those without a high school education are leaving at a fast pace. It seems as if almost all of the jobs in Winston-Salem require highly skilled/educated workers.

Inmar:
Did you know: 67% of all the digital coupons redeemed in the United States are processed in downtown Winston-Salem's IQ District? Downtown Winston-Salem's IQ District is the center of the retail industry's digital coupons, from the phone apps that allow you to show a coupon on your phone at checkout to websites that allow you to load coupons to loyalty cards. Very awesome!

Leasing Downtown:
Brown, Jenkins, & Oneyear have decided to move downtown! They are leasing an historic building on South Main, just north of the Coffee Pot. Welcome to downtown! For those from outside the area, NYC has the Statue of Liberty, St. Louis has The Arch, Seattle has the Space Needle, and Winston-Salem has the Coffee Pot. The Coffee Pot was built in 1858 and is featured in many tourist photographs. It's a city symbol and a symbol of hospitality.

525@Vine:
We're not finished showing this awesome multi-tenant tech company office building! A few more views from The Camel City Dispatch!

I love these tech company offices! They are awesome! Where can I find a light fixture like that for my house?