View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2011, 12:46 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I guess, but why would they demolish the properties immediately if this was the plan?
I believe the Armour Group probably planned to proceed but due to the delays in getting the easement, it was delayed (as has been stated in the local media). I am not sure of the timing (when they started the Park Place V) but after several months of delays maybe they simply shifted their focus to Park Place V. The Waterside was proposed several years ago when the downtown market was better (at least one oil company moved staff since it was first proposed).

Some forum member posted pictures of the interior of these building (a long time back) and they didn't seem to be in good condition. And didn't the Nova Scotia College of Art & Design just vacate these buildings in the past few years?

Although I understand the desire for heritage preservation, I can't see how a private company can manage the repair and renovation costs when it isn't even Class A office space (would it be Class C?). It seems as though the options are to expand such as the Waterside was proposed, or get large public subsidies for heritage preservation which don't appear to be available.