View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 9:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
The question is really whether downtown Livermore should be a destination. If so, leaving the 580 median will be necessary, and there could potentially be some good traffic heading out to Livermore, from Pleasanton/Dublin especially. If not, I question the need to extend the line any further. Just build a bigger parking garage in Dublin. It's not like any of the capacity problems on 580 are between Livermore and Pleasanton - they're all east of Livermore or west of Pleasanton.
I've never been to or seen "beautiful downtown Livermore". Anybody got any pictures so we can understand this issue? What do the neighborhoods to be served look like? Are they just typical suburbia or is there any density (or possibility of transit-related development) to them?

I do disagree that there are no congestion problems on 580 between Livermore and Pleasanton. When I travel that stretch, usually early on a Saturday evening, it's darned heavy traffic though not heavy enough to go bumper to bumper. I can only imagine during rush hour on weekdays though.