View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Interesting that they're comparing to Trump Tower's spire height and not the roof line. To me that indicates that this building will also have a spire. Else a 1388 roof height would make it dominate every building but Sears, and I think they'd be making different comparisons.

So plan commission this summer, but renderings are usually released well before that. I wonder how long we have to wait?

There's a map in the Tribune article. "Site A" looks to be only the northern third of the parking lot. Meaning this tower may not be any wider than One Bennett Park. It'll be very slender.
That makes sense.

A slender tower that isn't overbearing toward its famous neighbor is the only thing that's getting approved here, anyway.

And perhaps that partly answers my question re: offices, although boutique offices don't need enormous floorplates either.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov