View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I actually think the renderings look pretty good. I really like the interior spaces and materials. However, I do have some pretty big qualms about this design. First of all, why are we using the orange concrete stuff again in northern Utah??!! This isn't southern Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, or even SoCal. Also, the firm that is designing this, Edwards & Daniels, is the same firm that designed the latest Salt Palace expansion with orange concrete. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but it is the detailing and follow through that they have demonstrated to lack in sometimes. The prime example is how the new Salt Palace expansion fronts South Temple. And, how in the world does orange concrete relate to the rest of the Salt Palace and surroundings?! Not at all.
You've triggered my hate for orange concrete!!!!

Yay, now I know who to kill.

Someone get the gateway developers on the line?

EDIT : never mind, I looked through EDA's work and I realized that a. The salt palace expansion is my least favorite work of theirs, and b. they do amazing work with some architectural value (as in it deviates away from the typical modern style with angled roofs and metallic panelling). I hope they reconsider for a colder and more calm color pallet as opposed to the hot orange concrete they keep picking.

I wouldn't be to worried. Maybe those of us who have any power could send a letter asking to make a design reconsideration?