View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 1, 2021, 3:45 PM
Hong Kong

On this day - Jan 1 in ...

2015 - Montréal
Expecting bitterly cold temperatures, I decided to stop here en route to Toronto to update my long-outdated photoset. Winter brings its unique challenges especially since I liked to walk outdoors for long periods of time, but I needed a heating break, and the Notre Dame Basilica is a great place to warm up and be amazed.

2014 - rural Sichuan
Getting to Hailougou was a painfully long journey that was at times treacherous due to winter weather. Authorities have built a cable car to access the glacier and I was surprised when altitude sickness kicked in.

2012 - Dubai
With lots of Asia Miles on hand, I redeemed a New Year's vacation to glitzy Dubai. However, even with an upgrade to Business Class, the red-eye was a bit too much for me and I ended up watching the countdown from the hotel and slept quickly after midnight. On New Year's Day, I quickly ventured along the infamous Sheikh Zayed Road to see the line of skyscrapers by riding the metro.