View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 6:38 PM

A groundbreaking without shovels? What's with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
An update on a few development items:
On a side note, construction has finally started on the 360 Acoma apartments in the Baker Neighborhood. It is a five story building with 171 units and below grade parking. The developer is now Lennar Multifamily Co.
This project didn't ring my bell - until I googled the address. That's when I recalled the midrise next door to this site. I had obviously done the same search previously when discussed on these pages. I found the previous 'concept' rendering but I'll assume it's worthless.

This is great news, of course. Going out on a limb to suggest that Lennar received feedback as to better pricing from contractor/sub-contractors. Chances are the same people who Lennar has been working with loved the idea of more work. Plus it's always nice to work for a developer when you know the money is in the bank. I wonder if perhaps Lennar transferred some of the Golden Triangle designated money to this project?

Note:
Word on the Street is that bunt is brokering 'slightly scarred' lumber at amazing prices. Who knows, might have been the difference on this project?

Which reminds me:
Jugs of fresh apple cider have now arrived at your favorite (Kroger) store. Kroger branded cider is a $ cheaper but since I don't want my apples from the bottom of the barrel, of course I pay the extra $ for the branded variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
An update on a few development items:
Avalon Governor's Park (Racine's site) has entered the formal site plan review process:
Also good to hear. Avalon, a really BIG REIT would have their own funding. With plan approvals the only decision might be building here as apposed to somewhere else but since they're moving forward that is a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Here are a bunch of images (from almost 4 years ago) of the Hurley Place Master Plan:

Source