View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 11:43 PM

In my next few posts I want to update and post a few things that I never got around to at the end of last year due to the holidays, etc.

Back in October the Los Ranchos Board of Trustees had an update about the Village Center project. The developer unveiled more renderings for the project, including the initial vision and visualization of what the barn-like structure will look like and include. It's planned to include the indoor marketplace with a microbrewery, food and retail pods, the community and educational spaces, an events and conference center, as well as a boutique hotel.

https://www.losranchosnm.gov/village-center-project

Renderings for the additional two apartment buildings were also revealed. It was said that all three apartment buildings will have over 200 units combined and that these two will include about 16-17 small, pod-like ground-floor commercial spaces of about 800 sq ft each, which they say have proved very successful at their other projects in Albuquerque.

There will also be outdoor spaces, with an iconic water tower-like structure at the corner of 4th and Osuna, and a distinctive landscape design in the middle of the parking area with trellises for the growing of hops for the microbrewery that will be included in the project. A windmill element and stylized oversized acequia compuertas as entrance structures will also be included. These buildings will also have the grain silo elements of the senior apartment building.

The developer also presented an updated site plan for the project with slight changes that are mostly to do with the single family portion of the project.

In the update presentation there were also a few more renderings shown of the senior apartment building portion of the project.

The developer also revealed that they didn't get certain kinds of credits that they were hoping for from the New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority for this portion of the project, but that they will now seek help from the county in the form of bonds. He said the construction timeline shouldn't be affected by the change in financing help for the senior housing portion of the project. He also said that all the apartments will now also be developed as one project.

Below is the recording of the Los Ranchos Board of Trustees meeting where the update on the Village Center project was presented. It starts at about the 43:22 mark.

Video Link

This is a really neat project! I hope the developer can make it happen as visualized in these renderings. They certainly have a good track record in Albuquerque, so that gives me quite a bit of hope that they will deliver with this project as they have in the past.