View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2007, 3:53 PM
Crane Goddess

It will always hurt that I never saw the Twin Towers up close. I remember seeing a picture of them as a kid for the first time- it was love and recognition at the first sight. Some of you guys said you skateboarded there? I always wanted to get a good sparring partner and a pair of sparring swords, and stage one hell of a duel there in the plaza. Lightsabers such as the ones I've built recently would have been awesome Breezing through those magnificent cathedral-like lobbies in a long cloak would have been completely awesome- it would sure stand out from the suits and tourists!
I miss those towers so much that it hurts. And no freedom tower will heal that. I think of the political mess that the rebuilding process was, and it makes my blood boil all over again. No outdoor observation deck? How sad. Nothing beats standing on the roof of a tower, with the wind in your hair.

On another note, I've got a photoshopped version of one of the 2 WTC entrance pics somebody posted- I cut and pasted one of my drawings of that tower in his anthropomorphized form into the image, and my gods it looks lifelike. I might post it later.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5