View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2022, 8:39 PM

Thank you all for your comments. After all, what is the point of making art if there's no feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandEmpire View Post
Wow - what a compilation! I think it shows that despite the storm its weathered, PDX is still standing as an awesome, beautiful city. I have to say, every time I see Mt. Hood, to me, that is probably the most perfect looking stand alone mountain in the country.
Mt. Hood on a clear day definitely helps project a level of calm and sturdiness in times like these. We're quite fortunate here in the Northwest with our snowcapped volcanoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcityleo79 View Post
That really took you on a journey. What a wonderful city...in spite of hard times!
Thank you. I'd say it's both because and in spite of hard times. Really has a way of making you appreciate all of the little pleasures of daily life even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
quite epic and nice -- especially since we had plans to visit portland in march 2020 and that of course fell apart. we'll get back sometime.
I hope you get to make it out here someday. Even with everything we know is happening, it doesn't diminish this area's natural beauty and culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Exhaustive and amazing set, thank you for sharing pics of one of my top three cities in America. Can't wait to visit again!
Exhaustive . . . I like that. Thank you. A surefire sign I made someone feel something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
I was humming Adagio for Strings as I scrolled. Amazing and moody thread. Great city. Great photos.
That would've been an excellent alternative musical choice, but I didn't think of it. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
Experiential photographic essay, and absolute bulletproof playlist.
That was always my goal all along, what can I do to make people feel the soul of this particular place in this very particular time? It really pushed me in experimental and more creative directions, taking things from portraiture, street photography, paparazzi, cinematographers. And thanks for listening along to the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
Awesome compilation. Sooo many beautiful shots, i especially like the nighttime black and whites. Way to capture our city in recovery from a rough couple years. Thanks for sharing!
The night shooting was an intense experience. With everything that's happened and still ongoing, I'd been avoiding going out after dark, but the way I saw it, you only show the day, you only get half the story. Night is when the tension in the air is greatest, those uncomfortable, disquieting feelings that something has gone wrong with the world. I'm looking forward to the comeback, and I can say from going all over the city that it's already starting to bubble up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Remarkably pretty for a war zone.
Well, you know me, I've got a particular sense of humor, and times like these, we gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Thank you all.