View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
All of what you decry is the fault of HRM.

They created the BLIP.

They allowed it to become a retail big-box development.

They failed to upgrade the road infrastructure.

They failed to build sidewalks.

They failed to provide adequate transit.

They failed to provide adequate litter receptacles, cleanup, and other amenities.

Despite all of that, it is a huge success for most of the retailers located there.

I suspect if people need to go for a MRI there they will, just as they will go to Canadian Tire to buy what is on sale this week.

HRM has $50 million to spend on a palatial library and $15 million to spend on a skating oval that gets limited use. They have no problem building 4-pad arenas at $40-$50 million a pop. And let's not even mention the bike lanes that most residents do not want and get very limited use. But they cannot put sidewalks, litter receptacles, and proper roadways in the biggest business destination on the Halifax side of the harbor? This is what I mean when I go on about wasteful spending by HRM and their failure to focus on their core responsibilities.
Keith are you really going to sit there and complain about the money spent on the library, when the last time the City spent on infrastructure in Bayers lake it was a five level gong show of cost overruns and idiocy:

Washmill Lake underpass project flawed from start: auditor general

The project took a lot longer than expected and went millions of dollars over budget. Munroe estimates the project is likely $11 million over budget for the city's portion, not $6 million as was the original estimate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...eral-1.2921841

Let's complain about a library and a skating oval, but praise a radically over budget Bayers overpass and now a hare brained hospital or medical clinic or whatever we're talking about, in an industrial park.

You don't spend money on sidewalks for industrial parks -- because they're not for medical clinics or pedestrians.