View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 6:14 PM

Greetings SkyscraperPage posters, my name is Jose Lozano (I saw someone posted my Victoria Noll stop-motion music video highlighting Austin landmarks earlier in this thread, thanks!) and I was forwarded to this forum from another member at City Data and Skyscraper City that suggested I add my project to this forum as well, so here goes:

Since March of 2009, I have been photographing the construction of the W Hotel, the new Austin City Limits Studio, and the residential condos currently under construction on 2nd Street in downtown Austin. Much like several of the other time lapse videos I have worked on in the past, I created this video by taking photographs from several vantage points and edited it all together into a time lapse video documenting the construction over time. I'm trying to get the project out there to the public so check out the video below and feel free to share with anyone and everyone!

Video Link

When it is finished in December of this year, the W Hotel and residential condos above it will come in at 36 stories high, making it one of Austin's tallest buildings. In 2011, the Austin City Limits Studio will move to it's new location, greatly increasing the seating capacity from 300 to 2,000. Great news for all those people like myself who stood in line at the UT studio location, only to have my hopes of getting in crushed

Anyway, I hope you enjoy watching the video, and if you dig the music, check out Morris Orchids... they are great friends of mine from San Antonio and a band that you definitely must listen to!

Last edited by Jose Ole; Jan 21, 2010 at 6:25 PM. Reason: added link to Morris Orchids music