View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerson View Post
^ Exactly.

Funny you should say that because I almost made a similar analogy when I was writing up my post. Except mine was along the lines of: some middle-aged, flabby guy starts to jog to get into better shape. He might look a bit comical at first, but if he keeps up with it, he could be a lean, mean running machine over time.

So even though aspirational cities like OKC might look foolish at times for being aspirational, don't write them off too quickly. Over time -- which might be decades, admittedly -- all this incremental development can add up to something impressive.

Sorry that Norfolk is so quiet. One nice thing about OKC right now is that even though we're not popping out highrises... (*sigh*)... otherwise it's busy as hell. Stuff is happening all over the place. I can barely keep up with it all.
Luckily, Norfolk is FINALLY growing in population, which is nice, and our citiy has some decent history and older-dense sections...so at least we have that(thank God!).

Yeah, OKC, for its size, is building tons of development. I think you're right that decades is probably the measure we should be looking at, but thats fine. I remember in the early 2000s I would see projects or conceptions that were to be done by 2020-2030 and thought to myself..."JESUS THATS LIKE A 100 YEARS"...now its becoming today. Just keep on truckin. Its very interesting to me to see the changes.