View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
It's getting mockery because of the typical developer hyperbole + Tampa, which is essentially the polar opposite of the Barcelona urban form.

As an undergrad I remember taking an MBA class in RE development, and we had developers showing us their plans for CityPlace in West Palm Beach. They were talking about how it was going to revolutionize public space. The Florence of our age. Well, it ended up being another crappy mall that failed, and is now called Rosemary's Place or something super cheesy.
I'm not familiar with Rosemary Square but it looks like on streetview. It failed in the sense that the tenant businesses are struggling?
I will say that there's a lot of dead space surrounding it, both in the form of vacant lots and surface parking, and the theatre and convention center complexes that are probably not utilized most of the week. The adjacent post-secondary institutions could in theory be a source of customers, but students tend to shop on a budget and this shopping center seems very upscale so probably not the best match.