View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 12:37 PM

The Lakeport-Haywood-Duluth Metro area will have a total population of 2.3 million in 2015.
It will incorporate the surrounding cities of Lincoln Hill, Duluth, Northport, River valley, Mississippi city. The real life city of Duluth and Superior, are the only real life cities that i will be building for Lakeport, and they are located at the southern edge of the Lakeport-Haywood-Duluth Metro area, i will show you a map of the geographic location of Lakeport, because it is the map that i will build the whole of the metro area on,
using many 50 x 50 mile squares. i will build a shipping port, with artificial canals, which will almost be as big as the ports of LA, and NYC.

Duluth and Superior will have ports of their own, as they do in the real world. I plan to include Duluth and Superior into the model as well, but that is going to be a pain, which is why i need the help of everyone to build models for Duluth, and Superior.

Please keep in mind that I am not building this city just to be one of the largest. but also one of the most detailed cities in this forum, which is why i am using a combination of textures and geometry. I would like to include Rocane into this model too, but also add more detail to it, since that was one of my main sources of inspiration for building what i want to call my >Error Code 5h1tt1e5: Cuss_word_not_found.<

please tell me if i should add more highways. btw the map is going to be a decent size.

Here are the images:

1, Satellite view of the real world location

2. Satellite view with Google labels only.

3. Satellite view with Lakeport Metro roads and labels only.

4. Satellite view with Lakeport roads and labels, also shows real roads.

5 Satellite view showing all roads and labels.

Please note the entire map will be built in Sketchup, and the current terrain of Lakeport will be scrapped, excluding the streets, i would like for everyone to help me build the towns and cities surrounding Lakeport and Haywood. Maybe Lakeport can be a SSP co-operative city, where everyone builds their own buildings for lakeport and haywood. Although they would have to be in Minnesota, or Wisconsin. you can even add cities outside the map, and i will connect your cities to the rest of the road network. Buildings can be added wherever you wish them to be.

Here is a small update,

Please ignore the giant window the size of a skyscraper to the right of the Goldspire building, although a boxy building will go there.

Goldspire building with the city hall under construction behind it.

Same as above during the night.

I don't want to have to make low poly buildings, but i dont want the city's file size to reach any more than 200MB, even though it is likely the city will reach into the 1GB area, which means it will run quite slowly.
I also really want to build modern buildings, but want to also stick with the historic timeline. Each window and door on any given building is a component usually unique to just that building.

Last edited by Codster121; Jun 9, 2015 at 7:48 AM.