View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
One Mile High Plaza's exact location is an unknown, and in all the research I've done I can't find an exact street intersection besides being along the 16th Street Mall. I do NOT believe this was slated for the same site as Reliance Center, which is clearly between Welton and Glenarm. I strongly believe this was for 16th and Tremont based on discussions with the architecture firm, but I could be wrong.

It's been 20 years since I started DenverSkyscrapers, and I originally scanned my library of unbuilt proposals back when we were all still using 800x600 CRT monitors. Therefore, I've decided to scan these proposals at a much higher resolution and will slowly post them.
I can imagine the work those "concept designs" were back then, as compared to what we can do today with computer-aided design. Lol.

And, my god, do those buildings scream "1985." One Mile Hi certainly reminds me of Denver Place, built around that time. I hate the many small- windowed, granite/stone skinned buildings of that era, especially for a city with great views, blue skies, and sunshine such as Denver. We are lucky that two of our tallest buildings - Cash Register and Republic Tower went for clean, lean looks with big windows. Of all of our 80s structures, I think they look the least dated.

Love the glass of our newest Denver skyscrapers - allowing a good looking city to see itself in the mirror off the sides of these buildings.

Last edited by CherryCreek; Mar 22, 2017 at 9:13 PM.