View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2015, 1:21 AM

Since they speak of Nook as if it is the hotel's on-site restaurant, does this mean it will take up the interior lobby food/bar area? I hope so, as that is the most interesting space from a historic restoration POV. Having a local operator unique to the Valley will help in making this more of an attraction for downtown (at least as much as Province is, for example) vs. a generic hotel chain (like the Renaissance, Hyatt, or future Luhrs' Marriotts). If does go in the lobby, I hope that there is good signage by the hotel's Central Ave entrance.

And, hopefully, the local theme continues for the retail tenants; I hate the location of 'Valley Bar' with all of the vacant street-fronting spaces available... that would've made a great addition to the hotel and to Monroe. Too bad it's not 2008, or else the trio of failed CityScape concepts would also be cool: Le Crepe Nanou, Huey's 24 Hour Diner, and Rasputin Vodka Bar. Or, a Poisoned Pen... ugh, just anything but a chain coffee shop, chain sandwich shop, and chain Thai restaurant.