View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 3:22 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
I guess I have to speak out as the opposition lol but I love this project. I think the area where the two halves collide needs some refining, especially the bottom and overhanging part of the upper half, but overall I find the idea more daring and interesting than anything we've seen. In a town with very conservative rectangular box contemporary architecture overall, I think this is very fun and interesting.

Re the gloom: I wouldn't like it but believe it or not some people actually like dimmer natural light (I'm not one of them but my previous roommates were). Many other buildings with courtyards have the same problem with interior apartments like the low rise broad and spring garden proposal. Many rowhomes especially those facing N/S aren't great for light either and I don't think this would be any worse
This is where I am at. I love this idea of this project, but this version looks so rudimentary and thrown together. If the designer refines the shapes, connectivity, color palate, etc. then this could be an A+ project.

(I wish it were 100'-200' taller though, it would help with the refinement of the massing).