View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 3:25 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's Today in History Photo Thread

With coronavirus putting my travel plans to an abrupt halt, I've spent the past few months organizing my photos, reducing the editing backlog, and rediscovering on some wonderful memories. With a decent archive now, I will start a series of historic lookbacks on an irregular pattern to share.

On this day - July 16 in ...

2015 - Mumbai
My driver pulled into their new state-of-the-art airport. What an astronomical improvement from the old building. Impressive both land-side and air-side, the only let-down was the Business Class lounge, but that's a First World problem.

2018 - Rondane National Park, Norway
I drove past a few observation points along the eastern stretches of this park on the way back south from Trondheim. The mountains mixed with river scenes shone under the blue sky.

2019 - Taipei
After a busy day working, I was re-energized by a late snack at this outdoor night market, albeit under the intense summer heat. I won't have a complete dinner here though, but after getting gorged in fancy and classy food elsewhere, I saved a little room to top it up here.