View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Anyone heard anything about Moda Luxe or 255 S. State lately?
I was just wondering the same thing today. Maybe UtahPlanner, Makid or someone has an idea. Seemed like construction was imminent, then suddenly it all came to a halt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
The Village at North Station is trash. It is suburban dev at its worst with a design that maximizes investor profit while leaving the city to hold the bag for decades to come. This will turn into a frequent source of police calls and will be blighted within 29 years. It is no urban design principles integrated or flow. With that said I LOVE Industry more and more.
Hopefully, The Village won't turn into a huge ghetto block, but instead with a few adjustments in the approval process, a good opportunity for the city to provide severely needed decent affordable housing. I agree that there should be at least some percentage of mixed-income. In addition, often the future outcome of renter quality in a large complex like this very much depends on who the owner of the property is and its management team. If the city is smart they'll do some serious due diligence on the owners and management during its approval process, along with serious followup after the project completion and tenant move-in. Remember, affordable doesn't have to mean vagrant. Nowadays, affordable can mean a lot of things, from school teachers to health care workers, or many hard-working people in the services industry. Even here in Los Angeles, owners have a lot of latitudes when it comes to who they rent to. The problems usually occur when owners either are out of sight/out of mind and or they fail to hire a highly reputable management company with an excellent track record. A good management company will do some serious pre-rent follow-up on tenant track records.

Ditto to loving The INDUSTRY development.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 23, 2020 at 1:34 AM.