View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2019, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Are talking about the building on the southwest corner of College & Veterans Way / Fifth Street -- the one with Royal Coffee on the ground floor? If so, the University House tower is right across the street. There's residential now with more to come in the future. The current sports bar there is doing well. It was the mediocre breweries that came before it that struggled.

Is that place still in business? I never remember that it's there, and the one or two times I've looked in, I've never seen any customers.

More generally, College is definitely beginning to pick up, but a lot of ASU sports fans still think of Mill Avenue as their destination for eating and drinking before and after.
Yup, that's The College Bar and Grill I mentioned above. Tim Healey's boy is part owner now. He gets the whole college crowd before games thing.

I think that spot in the University House will eventually be the prime spot around there if done right. I've owned a restaurant years ago, and every time I see that place I think how if I hadn't gone through an expensive divorce, that that would be the one place I'd seriously look into with an Italian sports bar concept I have in mind. Especially now with the explosive apartment and hotel growth within walking distance.