View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 3:29 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin May View Post
PVSC - they show all sales since June 2010 with date and sales price.
People agree to purchase a unit and the deal usually closes when the building is complete and has an occupancy permit. In addition, some buyers move in and close the deal some months later.
Not quite sure what is happening at Q but on viewpoint.ca the building is shown as 'APT' not 'CONDO' and it shows a sales price, go figure.
We need a journalist to ask questions. (or I'll do it myself)

If what you have stated is correct, then according to the Nova Scotia condominium act it can't be registered as a condominium without an occupancy permit. I assume that sales can't be completed until it is registered as a condominium.

It seems like the only question is why they aren't moving faster to get it completed.

(source: http://novascotia.ca/just/Regulation...egs.htm#TOC2_5 )
Part E - Duties of Registrar of Condominiums

54 (1) A declaration and description shall not be accepted for registration unless in addition to complying with the requirements of Section 11 of the Act,

(a) the declaration appears to be executed by every owner of and every person having a registered encumbrance against the land and interests appurtenant to the land described in the description;

(b) the declaration is accompanied by such proof as to the execution by every such owner as is required by the Registry Act or the Land Registration Act, as applicable;
Clause 54(1)(b) amended: O.I.C. 2011-252, N.S. Reg. 230/2011.

(ba) proof of valid occupancy permits for all residential units or, in the case of phased-development property, proof of valid occupancy permits for all residential units in the phase, is provided;
Clause 54(ba) added: O.I.C. 89-376, N.S. Reg. 45/89; replaced: O.I.C. 97-43, N.S. Reg. 6/97.

(c) a statutory declaration from a municipal development officer in accordance with Section 61 has been obtained; and
Clause 54(1)(c) amended: O.I.C. 2011-252, N.S. Reg. 230/2011.

(d) the description has been reviewed by the Registrar.
Section 54 renumbered subsection 54(1) and amended: O.I.C. 2000-57, N.S. Reg. 21/2000; amended: O.I.C. 2011-252, N.S. Reg. 230/2011.